Friday, December 26, 2014

Travel bleh

Going to Florida in a bit. Florida doesn't honor WI concealed carry permits. I don't believe I can get this corrected in time. I've never traveled with a gun anyway, so I guess I can kick that can down the way a bit.

On the plus side, FL knife laws are pretty lenient, although the bit of looking I'm doing indicates my ludicrous pocket-kukri is right on the borderline of questionable (the retention shaping and sheer size make it questionable). On the other hand, the good old fashioned Ti-Lite should be pretty much perfectly legal.

Maybe I'll bring my dive knife as well, because nothing says "I'm here to have a good time but don't screw with me" like a string bikini and a dive knife. Open Carry of whatever is good to go.

2 comments:

  1. Florida is more than happy to sell you one of our toter's permits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure, I've seen stuff to get one for ages. The question is if I can get everything handled by the 5th. Wasn't thinking about this until now, was one of those "wait, shit, I THINK Florida honors my permit, but I'm not sure, need to check that"

      Delete