Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Trauma kits DEFINITELY need one of these

If this gets approval, it will be a great thing.
http://www.popsci.com/article/technology/how-simple-new-invention-seals-gunshot-wound-15-seconds
Yes, I know gizmodo has a bunch of whimpering ninnies who are terrified of 1000 year old technology (guns), but they at least keep up to date without being idiots about some other things.

I saw something a bit back about them FINALLY having a compression bandage for abdominal injuries, but it was big, expensive, and complicated. These? These will actually fit in a trauma kit, and are simple enough you can afford to have one when you aren't a medic or paramedic with someone else to pay for gear.


I'll try to keep an eye on this and let people know if it gets approval. However, even after I've bought one, I intend to never get to test it in action, if'n that's alright with you folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment