Tuesday, April 29, 2014

A step into the Metro

I speak, of course, of Metro 2033. Metro 2033 is set after WWIII, in the irradiated remains of Russia. It's like the Fallout series, but with more gas masks (the entire surface cannot be traversed without a gas mask, as opposed to Fallout where you can generally get around and only have to worry about not rolling around in radioactive stuff.

http://sploid.gizmodo.com/living-in-this-nuclear-shelter-for-1-000-people-looks-l-1569386009


Much as I hope we don't stray down the path towards "everything is terrible and radioactive/etc" again, I feel like having a gas mask is kind of mandatory. If nobody else has any suggestions, the Israeli gas masks are cheap and look pretty good and presumably work.


I kind of dig the post apoc vibe, I think I'll have a region of the Wastelands as a steampunk version. Still need to work more on Raygun Gothic space marines with spacesuits made as a combo of old gas masks and diving equipment.

No comments:

Post a Comment