Thursday, April 9, 2015

Parts Cost

Been looking to beef up my AR-15 so it balances properly, and looking at one of the Magpul stocks (the UBR). Was kind of flabbergasted at the price, compared with other stocks, such as the $30 magpul one that I have now. Until I remembered that the UBR includes the $90-at-the-cheapest buffer, as well. Still pricier, but not so bad. Should have taken the advice, buy once cry once (at the time I hadn't seen the UBR, and didn't realize how ludicrously frontheavy my AR would be).

On the plus side, in addition to generally being a better stock (more cheek weld, sturdier, balance), you can buy an aluminum toothed strike plate for it. I want one, because reasons.

Thankfully, the flatmate is looking to begin building his own AR.

Edited because McThag complained of the lack of pictures of something I don't yet have to take pictures of, and was planning to do when it actually arrives. Here's what it'll look like when it arrives before it's mounted.


And with the strike plate

4 comments:

  1. This thread is worthless without pics.

    C'mon, Man, there's a way things are done on the internet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There, have some pics. There will be actual worthwhile ones when I have something to take pictures OF.

      Delete
  2. Where are you shopping where a buffer is $90?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a brownell's black rifle friday deal, and it was a buffer kit thing with all the springs and things. I think I'm misremembering, and the combo of stock and receiver kit was $90, or something. Whatever, I can afford to switch to what I want, even if it actually IS more expensive by as much as I thought.

      Delete