Friday, December 13, 2013

Another cheap 3D printer

Deltaprintr with a kickstarter, as might be expected. Looks like it only uses PLA, I'd rather have ABS because I can use that to make metal parts. I say this because I just finished an independent study in conjunction with a pair of profs working to perfect a way to metalize plastic so you can electroplate it, and use electroplating to get it thick enough to actually be used for things. The initial metalization is actually really simple, if you have the chemicals for it, and none of them are anything toxic or hard to get.

I think I prefer Solidoodle, which is likewise quite affordable, and does ABS, although I won't be sure their ABS blend works for metalization as easily until I test it.


Found the Deltaprintr through Isegoria

No comments:

Post a Comment